20 thoughts on “Community: Abed – I can tell life from TV

1. Annie

Transcript:

Abed: By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you canceled.
    Jeff: Oh, good. Yeah, Abed, cancel us. Why don't you take your cutesy "I can't tell life from TV" gimmick with you? You know, it's very "season one."
    Abed: *I can tell life from TV, Jeff. TV makes sense, it has structure, logic, rules, and likable leading men. In life, we have this.
    We have you.*
    Other random guy: Ahem. I'm on the clock for another hour if you want me to do some Batman lines.

2. glover136

Damn when Abed basically tells Jeff you are what's wrong with real life and you are a reason why I don't like it

3. Enver512

Abed's my favorite character. If he did this to me though I'd probably smile and wanna hug him.

4. Brian Fallingwithstyle

This is one of the greatest scenes, and it was referenced in today's instant classic – "Basic RV Repair and Palmistry."  Jeff told Abed that he had established he was aware that this wasn't a show in…
    Abed: Season 2?  Ahh.  I dunno.  I can change my mind.

5. Meangrl19

I love it when Abed tells Jeff off.  He seems to be the only one that can leave Jeff speechless.  Abed doesn't try to win the argument by insulting him, he just speaks honestly and sums up the situation, telling Jeff where he went wrong.

6. Bunson Baker

They are really unfair to jeff. Everyone else is just as selfish as him but his character (besides pierce's) is the only one that grows throughout the show.

7. Romano onamoR

That scene is really great. Abed is often the one who makes more sense and says the true things.

8. ornjoos

In the immortal words of Mordecai and Rigby, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

9. bridget madsen

i remember seeing this as a .gif on tumblr a while ago and it persuaded me to start watching the show because it pretty much explains why it like tv more than real life